
R-E-S-P-E-C-T — find out what it means to Meghan Trainor!
The Grammy winner released her sassy new single, “No Excuses,” and the sexism-blasting empowerment anthem’s accompanying music video is a candy-colored delight.
“Why you acting like you never met a lady / I don’t disrespect you / Don’t you disrespect me,” she sings over a funky, retro beat. “Your mama raised you better than that.”
Ahead of the track’s release, PEOPLE exclusively caught up with the “All About That Bass” singer, 24, who will release her third studio album later this year.
“It’s everything I hoped for,” Trainor says of the forthcoming LP. “We worked so hard on it, and I’m freaking out; I can’t wait any longer for the world to hear it!”
And the singer, who is recently engaged to Spy Kids star Daryl Sabara, promises her new tunes are worth the wait after undergoing a second surgery for a vocal cord hemorrhage in February 2017.
Watch the video here:
What do you think about this. Let us know in the comments.
Comments