Casually Explained: Men's Fashion



For most dudes, fashion is a conundrum wrapped in a deep-fried taco of insecurity. While young women are generally expected to care about what's in style and learn how to put together appropriate looks for various occasions, most guys—of my generation, at least—grew up believing that being interested in fashion somehow reflected poorly on our masculinity. Archaic, yes. Sad, yes. But the fact remains that my growth in this area got stunted at a young, impressionable age. Steve Perry from Journey was a T-shirt and jeans guy, so I too was a T-shirt and jeans guy. (Thanks, Steve.) Now I'm too old to learn about the rest of this big wide world of clothes. I doff my sweaty baseball cap to the guys who can match a striped tie with a checked shirt, but I simply cannot join them. My left eye twitches when I have to, say, shop for a suit for a wedding. This makes my wife, Karel, worry that I'm going to buy one of those tuxedo T-shirts instead. If this scenario rings a bell, allow me to shed some light on the situation, so at least you'll understand what's going on in your guy's head when he's wearing a tank top to your dad's retirement party.


Watch the video here:

What do you think about this. Let us know in the comments.

Comments