Stephen Fry Announces He Is Recovering From Prostate Cancer




Stephen Fry has revealed that he is recovering from prostate cancer. The actor, writer and broadcaster underwent a successful operation in January earlier this year during which his prostate was removed. ”So far as we know,” Fry says in a video message, “it has all been got.” The former QI presenter announced the news on Twitter, posting a 13-minute home-shot video with the caption: “For the last two months I’ve been in the throes of a rather unwelcome and unexpected adventure. I’m sorry I haven’t felt able to talk about it till now, but here I am explaining what has been going on.” Simply titled ‘Stephen Fry Announcement’, the clip features Fry discussing how — after getting a flu jab — his doctor advised him to get an MRI scan because of high PSA [prostate-specific antigen] levels.


Watch the video here:


What do you think about this. Let us know in the comments.

Comments