
During an appearance on The View on Thursday, Mo’Nique discussed her boycott of Netflix over equal pay. In January, the comedian and actress asked fans to stand with her against “gender bias and color bias” after the streaming service allegedly offered her $500,000 for her comedy special — a fraction of what they offered Amy Schumer, Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle.
“When it comes to Netflix, and with Amy and Dave and Chris, let me say this — what they got, they were supposed to,” she said. “I don’t have an issue with my sister Amy nor my brother Dave and Chris. But when the vice president of Netflix says to my husband and our attorney, ‘By the way, Mo’Nique is a legend too.’ Well if I’m a legend, why wouldn’t I get what the legends are getting?”
Watch the video here:
What do you think about this. Let us know in the comments.
Comments