
The other day I was sitting at a table with some friends and the conversation just stopped. Awkward silence. I kept thinking of something to say… a conversation starter. Or at least something to stop the silence. But couldn’t think of a thing.
Silence can be great. You know you are with a true friend when it’s okay not to need to say anything. Just being with them is enough.
question manBut sometimes you want to communicate… you need to communicate. I want to talk with the people I am around to show that I am interested in their life and care about them. But what do you say? What do you ask?
So after the meeting, I went home and started a list of questions I can ask to begin or continue a conversation. So the next time I’m in an environment and can’t think of something to say, I will just ask one of these questions.
These questions go beyond ‘How are you?’ but do not get too personal. I don’t want to get too in depth around a lunch table. However, in a later post, I will share my next set of questions to get personal with someone.
Watch the video here:
What do you think about this. Let us know in the comments.
Comments