Justin Timberlake Talks Dropping Genre Labels In Beats 1 Interview




Recent family man Justin Timberlake is ready to show a new side of him in his upcoming Man of the Woods album. As someone who has always been interested in experimenting with new sounds, he wants to take his fans on a sonic journey with a focus on his Southern roots. In his latest interview with Zane Lowe on Beats 1, among other topics, Timberlake discusses how he got to the point where he is confident enough to let go of genre labels and make music that feels right. “I was like, ‘Wow I really made an R&B album.’ I really wanted to make an R&B album,” he said of his 2006 record Justified. “Then every review was like ‘pop album, pop album, pop album’ and it really did put in my brain that if I’m always going to be looked at as a pop artist, more than anything, what does that mean?”


Watch the video here:


What do you think about this. Let us know in the comments.

Comments