
Tennessee middle-schooler Keaton Jones and his mother Kimberly Jones are speaking out about the student’s emotional anti-bullying video — and the backlash that followed after many accused Kimberly of being racist.
Keaton, of Knoxville, captivated the Internet after a video uploaded by his mother showed the boy in tears as he lamented the bullying he’s endured at school. Keaton told CBS News that recording the tearful footage was all his idea.
“I had enough of it. They had said that someone was going to beat me up in lunch so I texted my mom and I said, ‘What do I do here?’ ” Keaton, 11, told CBS News. In the video, Keaton revealed that the bullies, “make fun of my nose. They call me ugly. They say I have no friends.”
However, as celebrities and social media users rallied behind Keaton, many criticized Kimberly for Facebook posts that appeared to show the family posing with Confederate flags.
Watch the video here:
What do you think about this. Let us know in the comments.
Comments