
Margot Robbie is speaking up about actresses coming forward with allegations of harassment in Hollywood.
The 27-year-old I, Tonya actress addressed the ongoing wave of sexual harassment allegations coming out of Hollywood and beyond during a Close Up roundtable conversation for The Hollywood Reporter published on Friday (December 22).
“On one hand, you have a great opportunity. On the other hand, you have a great responsibility to handle it appropriately and bring something positive out of a horrible situation. I think it’s a very individual thing,” she said.
“I think coming forward is far more complicated than anyone can imagine unless they’re in that position, so I would bear no judgment on anyone who didn’t want to come forward with their story. I would hope that anyone who did knows that they can and be supported 100%,” she explained.
“I have to say, I’ve never spoken to so many actresses that I’ve never met than I have in the past couple months…there’s such a sense of community, which is really wonderful. It’s sad that that had to come out of a horrible situation, but there is a support network there and ready. Everyone wants to make themselves readily available to support anyone who wants to come forward.”
Watch the video here:
What do you think about this. Let us know in the comments.
Comments