
The trend to build your own furniture still leaves many people picking up saws, hammers and screwdrivers. Phil Vandelay, a user of the platform Imgur , has recently posted the image of a couch that he made himself - including the upholstery. The most fascinating thing is that he has not even spent 100 euros on it because he has recycled most of the materials. The frame is made of sturdy wooden beams that Phil found on the street.
Luckily, Phil has also put together an extensive tutorial on how he made the sofa. So interested hobbyists can easily rebuild his sofa. He also shot a ten-minute video of the making. In it we see also Phil's well-equipped workshop, where he also build cargo bikes. On Instagram he regularly shows pictures of his designs.
I really wanted a couch for my apartement so i decided to make my own. I've got a lot of stuff to do with this thing, mainly two old mattresses. Reclaimed wood beams I got for free. The only things I bought for the steel tubing (45x45x2mm, about 50 €) and the fabric for the covers, again about 50 €. "
Watch the video here:
What do you think about this. Let us know in the comments.
Comments