
It's not a question of why or why, but a question of how. Frank Howarth is less a carpenter, but rather a wood artist. His workshop is equipped with modern precision technology, he masters his craft perfectly.
This time, it dares to create an anatomical model and decides to build a replica of the human eye from several types of wood. The noble black of the ebony, the red of the cherry, the wonderfully light birch and the walnut wood with its extraordinary texture are used.
Frank measures and drills, grinds and paints - and captures the eye-forming in a fascinating video. The master works calmly, purposefully and in detail. It's just fun to watch him at work.
I have turned a human eye. The white of the eye is maple composed of 10 segmented rings. The iris is cherry, birch, and walnut in a fine segmented ring. The pupil is a piece of ebony. I made the iris ring then trued it up on the CNC router to become a perfect fit into the maple white of the eye. I made two irises and put one on each side of the eye. This way I could have had two eyes with one eyeball. "
Watch the video here:
What do you think about this. Let us know in the comments.
Comments