Understudy’s High Note Visibly Stuns Opera Cast




This singer was an understudy for this opera. Keep an eye out at around the 24-26 second mark. Watch the chorus in the background. They’re actually blown away because this singer impressed the heck out of everyone. In her words, “I was 28 at the time, living in Queens. It was 2 days before Christmas and my parents were in town visiting. I really did only have 4 hours notice and we all took a ride across the Triboro bridge in rush hour traffic to get me into the makeup chair in time. My parents actually got to see the performance, which was my MET debut, and is still is really special to me. Also, the reactions of the people in the chorus behind me, as I was told by several of them personally afterwards backstage, were actually genuine. It was a terrifying and thrilling night!”


Watch the video here:


What do you think about this. Let us know in the comments.

Comments