
The police motto “To serve and protect” takes many forms when put into practice, and this is probably the sweetest yet.
The Washington State Patrol was flooded with calls when a woman from the small town of Lynden, Washington, near the Canadian border, lost her way heading home and ended up scooting along the highway at the breakneck speed of 6 mph.
According to KOMO News:
“I wasn’t trying to stop her. I wasn’t trying to detain her. I was just trying to get her back to her home,” said Trooper Dave Hintz with the Washington State Patrol. “I just treated her the way I would’ve wanted somebody to treat my mom.”
The woman had gone out for coffee in Lynden Tuesday afternoon, but got lost while trying to get home, troopers said. When Hintz caught up with her, she was nearly four miles from her house and continuing to head in the wrong direction. … “There’s no license plate. She’s in a little… cart,” Hintz is heard saying over the police radio.
Comments