BMX Biker Tears It Up In The Abandoned Silverdome

Most would say the days of sports in Detroit’s abandoned Silverdome were long over. They weren’t accounting for the ones that don’t need a crowd numbering in the tens of thousands to be enjoyed, though. Up-and-comer Tyler Fernengel, a native of nearby Wyandotte, Michigan, remembers it from its heyday but got to be the final star attraction to the ghosts haunting the abandoned behemoth thanks to Red Bull. The last time I was inside the Silverdome was nine years ago — at the last amateur Supercross race I attended when I was 10. When I showed up to scope for the shoot, so many memories were coming back. Just sitting in the tunnel — where you come out on the track and where the players would run out — I remembered sitting there, years ago, with my dad and all the other kids. It brought back a lot of good memories. Being out on the field, it was crazy to think that there once was a motorcycle track there, every year, with all the fans, but now it’s nowhere near the same — it’s like a war zone. And if you think this looks dangerous, it is. Fernengel didn’t come out unscathed.
What do you think about this. Let us know in the comments.

Comments